Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sleep?

So last night I only got a few hours of sleep. I went to bed around midnight and had to get up for work at 7:30 am. However, it wasn't that easy going to sleep. Here is my theory why...

Ever since freshmen year in collegeI have been sleeping in a room with someone/sharing a room with a roommate. Last night my roommate stayed over at a friends place and not having him in the room made it hard to fall asleep. I know, weird, but I feel thatnot having him in the room had something to do with it.

Now you are probably thinking, well what about back home. At home I have my own room, but it is the same thing. It takes me forever to fall asleep. I stay up until I get tired, which could take quite some time, watching TV. The only time I am home are during breaks from school. During the summer I am maybe home only a free weeks due to drum corps.

Going back to frehsmen year in college I have march drum corps and I spend my entire summer going around the country marching. Many people don't think that they would be able to do corps mainly because they would lose sleep. However, during corps I probably slept better than I did when I was at home or school. Not only was I wore out every day, but I had a bunch of people sleeping around me. All of us on our air matress beds, tightly squeezed in those small and un-airconditioned gyms. People think we must be crazy to do this, but I slept so well. Even with corps members snoring or sharing a coumminty bingo hall with the Mandrains. (Have to love my summer with Thunder DBC).


Not only did I sleep well in random gyms across the U.S., but I slept realitivley well on the buses. I made sure I got my window seat! People complained all the time about not getting any sleep on the bus, but I made it work. It helped sometimes when my seat partner ended up laying on the floor of the bus...


So I come back to last night. I was the only one in the room when I am used to having my roommate or my whole corps "family" around me. Hopefully I can stay awake for the rest of my work shift today, til noon... Thank goodness for Pandora!

No comments:

Post a Comment