Thursday, February 24, 2011

Exposure to my future

Today the Ball State PRSSA chapter and I drove down to Indianapolis to visit Borshoff. They are an "Indiana-based, full-service communications agency propelled by 50 talented professionals with proven success in public relations, marketing and advertising." (http://www.borshoff.biz)



I did not know what to expect when I said I would attend the visit. I have not really considered looking into interning or even working for a firm. Nonprofit is what I really want to do, mainly with the music and the arts. My dream is to work with Drum Corps International. (I know, big surprise) or a big city's symphony orchestra. Promoting music and the arts in the community is something I strongly believe in and makes a city unique compared to others. When I think of fun and attractive cities, I think of the ones who have a strong music, art and overall cultured based area.



However, today I was exposed to something completely new. I have never really considered a public relations firm. Walking around and talking to the employees of Borshoff I could see myself in one of the offices working either on press releases, something with media relations or an advocacy campaign. The atmosphere was fun, vibrant and something I would want in a future job. I love the fact that they are based downtown, Indiana grown and have a strong reputation with their clients. Overall, the firm is a class act.

Having this experience today I am now torn between what exactly I want to do once I graduate next spring. I can see myself doing so many things, but finding out my love is what I need to do. This summer with my internship, where ever it may be, will help me out with that decision. I do know that my future is full of so many opportunities and nothing will knock me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment