Thursday, March 17, 2011

Talk about HELL week

This week we all came back from a lovely spring break where we had time off to relax, do whatever and prep ourself for the final few weeks of the school year. WRONG! Yes, my spring break was amazing (in Cincinnati) and I am glad I had time off from school; however, I still was in school mode. This week I had four midterms/tests. I do not know what my professors were on or what, but "normally" midterms occur before break so we can enjoy our time off. Instead of that they decided to give us our exams the week after spring break. Their reasoning: we don't want to cram it in before break and you will have time to study over break. Right.....

So far this week I have had a paper due in my branding class over an article. I actually enjoyed reading and developing this paper. I feel it is always better writing a paper and putting application into what you learn than memorizing and spitting out what you read and were lectured. Next I had my Media Law & Ethics class. For everyone at Ball State, this is a class that you cringe at. The class itself is great. I love Dr. Supa because he is just full of information and knows what he is talking about. Ya, he might come off as a little rough around the edges, but he is prepping us for the real world. Not many profs do that. I know many people may disagree with me on this part, but I am sad to see Dr. Supa leave at the end of the year. I know we all move on to big and better things and I wish him the best. I am just glad I had a chance to have at least one class with him while at Ball State.
Back to HELL week and Media Law & Ethics. This midterm is always talked about by public relations and advertising majors about has insanely hard it is. I don't think I ever studied as much for a single test in my life as I did for this one. However, I think it paid off. Yes, it was hard, but not impossible to do well on. I believe that I did well on it and that I have nothing to worry about. What's done is done.

Then today I had a marketing test. I went over things during spring break, but everything got washed out because I was more focused on my Media Law & Ethics midterm. So the past two days I have been focusing on marketing. My professors test are not that hard, just a lot of memorizing. It took me about 20 to 25 mins on a 80 question test. Not bad, I guess.  Now that my marketing test is over I have to switch gears to my religious studies midterm tomorrow... Ya, it seems as there is no end. As soon as I get done with this blog entry and it straight to my notes and study study study. Once I get done with that exam tomorrow I will be home free... or will I? It may be the weekend after my exam tomorrow, but I have a exam in my publishing class Monday along with our postcard project due. So guess what I am doing this weekend!

Luckily I have some things to keep me sane this weekend. On Friday around noon my parents are coming down to Muncie. I have not seen them since Winter Break. Ya, crazy... With having work on weekends and other things to do I have rarely have time to drive 2.5 hours home and 2.5 hours back. So I am pumped for them to come down for a bit. I am going to see if they want to put gas in my vehicle too while they are down here. Duh, that is the main reason I want them to come down. Just kidding.
Also this weekend is the IHSCGA State Finals! Yes, I can I go without talking about something related to band, corps or guard. I am super pumped for this. I actually have never been to State Finals before. I performed in Divisional Finals, but never went to State Finals. Crazy! I am pumped to see some groups. In Class A I have been hearing amazing things about Lafayette Jeff. They are blowing people away. Of course I am pumped to see see Goshen and Angola again. Not only do they have great shows, but I know their guard directors too. In Open Class, the title will be a battle between Greenfield-Central and Greenwood. GC is doing amazing this year and is currently in first, but Greenwood is defending Open Class champs. Should be interesting. Then there is World Class. I am excited to see everyone: Carmel, Avon, Northview, Warren Central, Center Grove and Lawrence Central. First there is Carmel... OMFG! No one has touched them all year and should easily win. Their show is so unique, technical and just overall amazing. Yes, I know people hear Carmel and roll their eyes, but you have to give them respect. They have only had a guard for about seven or eight years and already rose to the top. They have a great chance at winning at WGI this year too! Then there is Avon. I have not seen them live. but I heard mix things about them. I am interested to see what they are all about this year. Next we have the surprise guard of the year, Northview. The past two years they have struggled and now they are kicking butt. Crazy what new staff and a new attitude toward things can do to a program. The show is full of energy. Words can not explain how amazing the show is. Ahh, I am getting excited about just talking about them! Northview right now is projected to place in the top six for sure and maybe go as high as number four! Then the rest of the guards: Warren Central, Center Grove and Lawrence Central all have great shows as well. It is a good chance thing year that all six Indiana World Guard might make WGI Finals. That would be awesome!

So I may be bogged down with tests to study for, but this weekend seeing my parents and going to State will sure balance things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment