Tuesday, May 10, 2011

GPA

Well it is the end of the school year and people are now starting to get their grades back. One thing I hate the most though is when people post their GPA's on Facebook or when they ask you what did you get. Sometimes I wish I can get better grades and I try my hardest to achieve them, but it does not come easy for me. For some, school, test, papers, etc. come easy for them. For me, I have to set myself down and work diligently on each one. I know I learn differently from others and it is just slower than everyone else.

Back to people posting their GPA's on Facebook and what not. Congrats, you probably had some easy courses or got lucky in a class. Yes, you may of worked your butt off, but so did I. However, there have been a few people I have been seeing on Facebook that are constantly changing and updating their status saying how they are so surprised on how they did do well. Really, really now?




First off, if you are so surprised, you don;t deserve they grades you did because you did not do anything during the semester. Secondly, why do you have to constantly update your status? People will see if it if they want to see it. People... my gosh.


However, I want to leave you with this. A list of names of people who did horrible in school and became successful in life. Some of them didn't even graduate high school.

  • Albert Einstein
  • Bill Gates
  • Abraham Lincoln 
  • Sir Issac Newton
  • Thomas Edison
  • Steven Spielberg
  • Dave Thomas
  • Walt Disney
  • Winston Churchill
What I see with these people and I are that they were all motivated to do something in life. They did not want to be average or the same as everyone else. They wanted to go out and make a difference. They had something that drove them. I fit all of those categories. I may not become as famous or well-known as the names on the list, but I do see myself going out and making a difference. So just because I do not get good grades doesn't mean I am going to fail at life. I have these role models to look up to because they were like me when they were in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment