Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Internship

Today I started my internship at the Studebaker National Museum. I was so anxious to finally start my internship. It took a while to figure out where I was going to be, but now that everything is settled, I am glad I am  decided to go with Studebaker.

When I got to the museum I was nervous. For what reasons, I do not know. Luckily my advisor at the museum, Mrs. Soderberg, is the easiest person to talk to. We sat down and talked for about 45 minutes about what she had planned for me this week. From there I went to my desk and work area. (Yes, I have my own desk and everything!) Today I was working on publicity for the museums new exhibit, Viva Italia! They brought in a bunch of Italian sports cars and they are sweet!

My job today was creating an ad for the newspaper. Mrs. Soderberg was amazed how I cranked out a pretty amazing ad in an hour. (It took a while uploading and finding the stuff I needed) There were some edits made from the first design after a few people looked over my work, but it now is currently is being sent to the South Bend Tribune and will be in there until the exhibit closes in October. This first experience of having my work being public is exhilarating!

At the museum there are only a handful of employees. So having an intern that can design, as well as write and do everything else, was a blessing for them. So since I got that done in a timely manner, I was handed my next assignment. Again, another ad. This one was for the museum in general and it will be going inside the Irish Sports Report. A magazine that goes all over to Notre Dame fans. The goal is to attract people into the museum during home football games. I also got this one done before I left today. Just seeing Mrs. Soderberg's and other employees smile over my work made me felt great and I can't wait to go back tomorrow and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment