Thursday, May 5, 2011

My thoughts on the 2011 DCI show (Part II: Non-Finalists corps)

Last year the Colts once again almost made Finals, but they ended up finishing their season in13th place. I am surprised that they have not announced their show yet or any music at least. I will like to see the RED TEAM make it into Finals once again, but it is getting harder and harder to do so. I think they can do it and by pass someone, but I just want to know what they are doing this year.




One corps that I truly enjoyed last season was The Academy. Their show for the 2011 season is titled (RE) for every action there is a reaction. I am real excited for this show because I feel that it will be able to make Finals. They have been so close and I feel if they get everything lined up right, they can make it. They play music phenomenally, but it is going to be their GE and guard that has to rise. Good luck Academy!




The Troopers 2011 shows is called. The Road Home. I am interested to see where they go after last season. They had a good show, but it seems a little too hard for them. Being able to see them over the summer a bunch, since we were at almost ever show, I got to see them progress. However, when I saw their Semi-Final performance I was surprised much didn't change. I am pumped to see them because someone I marched with this past summer is marching bass their. Get it Troop!




It looks like the Spirit of Atlanta will be going back to its roots this summer. Their show, Film Noir is going to be old school Spirit. As their directors said, it is going to be "sultry". Besides knowing the title, I know nothing about the corps this season. I have been keeping updated via the Fan Network with the videos they are releasing, but that's it. Lets see what SoA does this summer...








One show I automatically like just because of the show banner is Crossmen with their show Renweal. The music they are playing seems like Crossmes and I am excited for them to come on the field. Not only will the top 12 be a tough pack, but the middle pack will be fighting for positioning all season.





Pacific Crest will be performing their 2011 show, Push, Pull, Twist, Turn. Can you say Bop-it? I am guessing this is what they are going with this show. I am excited to hear how they play some of their pieces. They will be playing Push, which I am excited to hear since Avon played it a few years back.They are also going to be playing Serenada Schizophrana, which is an amazing piece! Will Pacific Crest break new ground this summer... maybe. 


Ok, I will admit it, I have a soft spot for the Mandarins. Last seasons show just got me hooked and I loved it even though they placed low. It was a great show, just not executed well. Their show for the 2011 season is called The Forty Thieves: An Ancient Tale of Spices, Toxins, and Perfumes. Whoo, that is a mouth full to say. I bet the announced are going to have fun saying that every show. Good luck Mandarins!



Can Teal Sound make a move this summer? Their show programming is getting better and better. Their 2011 production is called Sinvitation 7. I do not knowing anything about this show and I am intrigued to see what they do with it. 








One group I want to see do better is Jersey Surf. Their 2011 show is called Pedal Tones. This show should be interesting because I can see them use this show as a play on words. I can see them playing "petal" tones, but also doing something with flowers and the "pedals". They have no music announced yet, but I am sure they will announce soon or we will find out when they perform on their first show. 




Ready for another dark show? The Cascades will be performing their 2011 show, Pandora, A Dark Gift. Whoo, look at that, dark in the title. They announce where they are getting their music from, but no music titles. They are playing Hanz Zimmer, Thomas Newmen, etc. Could be some good music this summer. Good luck to all of my Thunder family now marching there!










Pioneer will be performing their 2011 show, Celebrate. Looks like they are going back to their Irish/Celtic music, but then again they are "celebrating" their 50th anniversary. I have some friends marching here this summer and I wish them the best and have fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment